For a complete list of publications, see Dr. Buckley’s Google Scholar page.
To access articles that remain behind paywalls, please email Dr. Buckley for a PDF.
- X Zhu, A Boulet,, KM Buckley, CB Phillips, MG Gammon, L Oldfather, SA Moore, SC Leary and PA Cobine. 2021.“Mitochondrial copper and phosphate transporter specificity was defined early in the evolution of eukaryotes”. eLife. 10:e64690.
- KL Wozniak, RE Bainbridge, DW Summerville, M Tembo, WA Phelps, ML Sauer, BW Wisner, ME Czekalski, S Pasumarthy, ML Hanson, MB Linderman, CH Luu, ME Boehm, SM Sanders, KM Buckley, DJ Bain, ML Nicotra, MT Lee, and AE Carlson. 2020. “Zinc protection of fertilized eggs is a universal feature of sexual reproduction in animals.” PLoS Biology. 18(7): e3000811.
- KM Buckley and JP Rast. 2019. “Immune activity at the gut epithelium in the larval sea urchin”. Cell and Tissue Research. 377:469-474.
- P Golconda, KM Buckley, CR Reynolds, J Romanello, LC Smith. 2019. “The axial organ and the pharynx are sites of hematopoiesis in the sea urchin.” Frontiers in Immunology. 10:870.
- MC Liu, WY Liao, KM Buckley, SY Yang, JP Rast, and SD Fugmann. 2018. “AID/APOBEC–like cytidine deaminases are ancient innate immune mediators in invertebrates.” Nature Communications. 9:1948.
- KM Buckley and JP Rast. 2017. “An organismal model for gene regulatory networks in the gut-associated immune response.” Frontiers in Immunology. 8:1297.
- KM Buckley, P Dong, RA Cameron and JP Rast. 2017.“Bacterial artificial chromosomes as recombinant reporter constructs to investigate gene expression and regulation in echinoderms.” Briefings in Functional Genomics. elx031.
- KM Buckley*, ECH Ho*,T Hibino, G Wang, and JP Rast. 2017.“IL17 factors are early regulators in the gut epithelium during inflammatory response to Vibrio in the sea urchin larva.” eLife. 6:e23481.